- Miami Today featured Tony Argiz (BBA ’74) in its “The Achiever” profile the week of May 15, 2008. The two-page interview discussed his journey to the top of leading Miami CPA firm Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, LLP. The firm received the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce’s “2008 South Florida Good to Great Award” for the category of 51-249 employees. Argiz serves on the College of Business Administration’s Dean’s Council and the School of Accounting Advisory Board, and is an inductee into the college’s Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame.
- Rene M. Cibran (BBA ’80) is a financial consultant and business advisor as well as a licensed insurance agent and registered representative for MassMutual. Cibran also is the executive director for TimePlus Payroll, which provides payroll management services to businesses throughout South Florida.
- Albert Oses (BBA ’88), regional sales manager for Ozburn-Hessey Logistics (OH Logistics), has been elected president of the Florida Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association, Inc.
- Miami Today mentioned Nicholas Bustle (MIB ’88) in its “Best of Miami” issue for his contributions to international banking. He is the city president of Miami-Dade County for SunTrust Bank, and wealth and investment management line of business manager for the bank’s South Florida region. Bustle serves on the college’s Dean’s Council.
- Jorge Gonzalez (BBA ’88), regional president of Miami-Dade and Monroe counties for Wachovia, was mentioned in the “Best of Miami” issue of Miami Today for his efforts in creating leadership opportunities in the community. Gonzalez is a member of the college’s Dean’s Council.
- Maria Alonso (MBA ’91), senior vice president, marketing development manager, Miami-Dade/Monroe at Bank of America, was selected for the category of banking/finance for the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce’s “A Salute to Miami Leaders” award.
- Ocean Bank has promoted Elizabeth Padrón (MBA ’97) to vice president in the commercial real estate department.
- Avisena, whose chairman and CEO is Albert Santalo (MBA ’97), was a nominee for the “2008 South Florida Good to Great Awards” in the 51-249 employee category. Santalo serves on the college’s Dean’s Council and Executive MBA Advisory Board, and is an inductee into the college’s Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame.
- After consulting with the United Nations Development Programme investigation on North Korea, Michelle “Misty” Jo-Arencivia (BBA ’00) was selected for the executive training program at The Venetian-Palazzo in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Manny Díaz (BACC ’02), City of Miami mayor, was applauded in the “Best of Miami” issue of Miami Today for his many efforts in the local community.
- Pacer Health Corp has appointed Tina M. Vidal (MIB ’04) chief operating officer for its non-medical segment. She previously was vice president of business development and integration and has been director of corporate relations.
- Basil M. Bernard (EMBA ’05), president of Apricot Office Supplies & Furniture Inc./Office Furniture USA, received “A Salute to Miami’s Leaders” award in the “entrepreneurial/ professional” category from the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce. Bernard serves on the college’s Executive MBA Advisory Board.
- Cathy Pareto (MBA ’06) and Associates has been selected as one of the “Top 10 Most Dependable Wealth Managers for Women in the United States.” The June 16, 2008, edition of Forbes Magazine published the listing. Pareto serves on the college’s Executive MBA Advisory Board.
If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to our newsletter. Thanks for visiting!