Get into the entrepreneurial spirit and join our annual competition, now in its 13th year. You could be the next Challenge Champion.
Here at The Miami Herald, we’ve been celebrating and honoring entrepreneurs for years. Together with our sponsor, Florida International University’s Pino Global Entrepreneurship Center, we’re proud to launch our 13th Miami Herald Business Plan Challenge.
So fire up that entrepreneurial spirit. Put your business idea to paper or dust off that business plan and take the Challenge!
There is a Community Track, the main contest open to all South Florida residents, an FIU Track for students and alumni of that university, and a High School Track for grades 9-12. You do not need to have your business up and running to enter, but if you do, it can not be more than two years old.
Each contest has its own set of prestigious judges. We have investors, executives, educators, consultants, bankers and small business loan specialists — most are entrepreneurs themselves, many of them several times over.
. . .
Read: “Enter the 2011 Business Plan Challenge,“ an article by the MiamiHerald.com.
Additional Media Coverage
- “Entrepreneurial spirit strong as ever;“ May 16, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “Business Plan Challenge;“ May 16, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “Startup satisfies chefs’ hunger for locally grown, organic food;“ May 16, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “PassTheNotes links technology, education;“ May 16, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “Challenge names finalists — vote in People’s Pick;“ May 4, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “Business Plan Challenge names semifinalists;“ April 22, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “Business Plan Challenge draws 200+ entries;“ March 27, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “Crunch time: Business Plan Challenge entries due by midnight;“ March 14, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “Get useful feedback and don’t worry about being quirky to win;“ March 25, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “Marketing strategy: It’s all about the customer;“ March 14, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “Have you hugged your business plan today?;“ March 8, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “High school students: We have a Challenge just for you;“ March 7, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “Past winners ride out recession, grow businesses;“ February 16, 2011; MiamiHerald.com
- “Experts share tips on creating the most effective business plans;“ February 15, 2011; MiamiHerald.com