FIU grants young Jamaicans top award for business excellence

MONIQUE-HAMATY-SIMMONDS, chief executive officer and president of Tortuga Rum Cake Company/Tortuga Imports, Inc, was honored by the Florida International University (FIU) Alumni Association recently.

Adam Stewart, CEO of Sandals Resorts International, and Monique Hamaty-Simmonds, CEO of Tortuga Rum Cake Company.

Hamaty-Simmond received the the Charles E. Perry Young Alumni Visionary award, presented at the 10th annual Torch Awards Gala, held on March 19, at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, Florida.

The Young Visionary Award annually recognizes a FIU graduate who has made significant contributions to their field of endeavor early in their career. Another distinguished alumni honored at the gala was fellow Jamaican Adam Stewart, CEO of Sandals Resorts International.

“I am very grateful to Florida International University for honoring me with The Charles Perry Young Alumni Visionary Award. I also want to thank my family, friends and staff for all of their support,” said Hamaty-Simmonds. “It was a pleasant surprise to discover that Adam Stewart was also being honored. Jamaicans are making headlines! I hope we inspire many more people to have a vision and drive to succeed.”

. . .

Read: “FIU grants young Jamaicans top award for business excellence,“ an article by The Gleaner.