Building on last year’s breakthrough success, Florida International University (FIU) will host for the second consecutive year some of Latin America’s most innovative emerging companies, thought leaders and venture capital investors at the 2011 Americas Venture Capital Conference.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Latin America: Building on Success.” The conference will take place on November 16-17 at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables. The conference is presented by FIU’s Eugenio Pino and Family Global Entrepreneurship Center, an Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation Grant recipient.
The conference offers participants a unique opportunity to network, share best practices and identify promising investment opportunities from throughout the region. For companies doing business in Latin America and South Florida, the conference provides an extraordinary opportunity to present their business plans and raise capital from venture capitalists and leading investment groups.
“In one short year, our conference established itself as the leading venue for innovative entrepreneurs and investors seeking to engage with some of the region’s leading business visionaries as well as to network, share information and identify promising investment opportunities,” said AVCC Founder and Co-Chair Irma Becerra-Fernandez, vice provost of Academic Affairs at FIU. “We are excited about what the future holds and look forward to expanding the conference as we continue to reach out to FIU’s national and global business communities.”
. . .
Read: “FIU’s Americas Venture Capital Conference Draws Innovative Companies to Miami,“ an article by Enhanced Online News.
Additional Media Coverage
- “Present your company to capital venture investors;“ Sun Sentinel; August 8, 2011.
- “FIU’s Becerra-Fernandez shares expertise on Latin American venture development, promotes Americas Venture Capital Conference.;“ BizNews.fiu.edu; August 11, 2011.
- “FIU’s Americas Venture Capital Conference looking for innovators;“ Poder 360; August 2, 2011.
- “Growing ventures invited to present at FIU’s Americas Venture Capital Conference;“ News@FIU; August 2, 2011.
- “Disputan en America Latina capital de riesgo;“ Diario Reforma (Spanish); June 9, 2011.
- “FIU’s Americas Venture Capital Conference Draws Innovative Companies to Miami;“ News@FIU; May 24, 2011.
- “FIU’s Emprendedores colombianos cuentan con nueva oportunidad de crecimiento para sus negocios;“ Revista Summa; April 12, 2011.