Guess who’s coming to class? Heavy-hitters visit international real estate students all semester long.

“I read about these people in the news but never expected to have the chance to meet—and talk–to them,” said Raymond Clamens (MBA ’11), now a student in the Master of Science in International Real Estate program in the College of Business Administration at Florida International University (FIU).

Clamens is speaking of the guest lecturers in the Legal Environment of Real Estate course in the fall 2011 semester. Attorney Suzanne Hollander teaches this course and its undergraduate counterpart.

“I bring top people from the real estate world right into my classroom,” she said. “As a result, each class is a lively real-world discussion that teaches fundamental real estate lessons that apply in Miami and all over the world.”

Suzanne Hollander with The Honorable Pedro Garcia, property appraiser, Miami-Dade County

Included in the star-studded line-up of real estate and property experts presenting to the graduate class:

• Francisco Garcia, director of planning and zoning, City of Miami
  • The Honorable Pedro Garcia, property appraiser, and Lazaro Solis, deputy property appraiser, Miami-Dade County
  • Steve Goldman, real estate attorney, Greenberg Traurig
  • Christian Goode, president,  Resorts World Miami
  • Wayne Hollo, executive vice president, and Austin Hollo, development officer, Florida East Coast Realty
  • Millie Munoz, PA tax attorney, Milliagros Gomez Munoz
  • Gus Phillips, senior vice president, commercial real estate banking, and Lucy Nunez, commercial lending vice president, BB&T

Some of these experts also joined the roster of presenters for Hollander’s undergraduate class.

Speakers cover a world of subjects.

Through the lectures, students gained insight into important topics such as development, financing, property appraisal, contracts, tax implications, leasing and other areas of international real estate.

Wayne Hollo, executive vice president, and Austin Hollo, development officer, Florida East Coast Realty and Suzanne Hollander

“My son and I only planned on being at the class until the break but the discussions were so lively and the students had so many great questions, we stayed for the entire class,” said Wayne Hollo, one of the area’s premier developers. “I’ve been fortunate to acquire a lot of experience along the way and I’m happy to share that knowledge. I also wanted to learn from the students—and I did.”

Students in Legal Environment of Real Estate with The Honorable Pedro Garcia, property appraiser, Miami-Dade County

“This course was an exciting learning experience,” Clamens said. “I’m very grateful.”