Building skills and making connections. Starting businesses and shooting for the stars. These are some of the goals women can pursue at the second annual Power Up! Women’s Summit, to be held on Thursday, April 20, 2017 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Parrot Jungle Island in Miami.
Themed “The Power of You,” the full-day conference, presented by FIU Business and its Alumni Association, will feature speakers on all aspects of professional and personal development, sustaining personal health and fostering growth.
Last year, FIU Business’ Women’s Alumni Council founded Power Up! as a half-day conference designed to bring tools for success to their fellow alumni and the wider community.
“The conference was an immediate success,” said Yanyn San Luis, interim director of alumni relations for FIU Business and the conference’s founder. “Women who attended urged us to expand it to a full day.”
The conference created a sense of community for many women looking for new avenues for sharing strategies and exploring new roads to success, she said.
“Last year’s conference sold out, and we’re already getting tremendous interest from those who want more,” said San Luis.
Keynote speakers, many of them FIU alumni, include:
- Susan Ford Collins, Author of the Technology of Success series
- Carmen Perez ’82, President, FPL FiberNet
- Francis Hondal ’87, EVP, Global Consumer Credit & Loyalty Solutions, MasterCard
- Pamela Silva Conde ’03, ’12, Six time Emmy award winning journalist & Co-anchor of the Univision Network’s Primer Impacto
- Misha Kuryla Gomez ’04, Founder, Misha’s Cupcakes
- Luly Balepogi ’00, owner of Chispa and Luly B., Inc., will serve as mistress of ceremonies.
Additional speakers will explore achieving success as women in entrepreneurship and technology leadership positions, successful negotiation tactics, mindfulness and beauty.
Early bird tickets to the event are $150 and include breakfast, lunch, all sessions and a networking reception. For more information, visit PowerUpSummit.FIU.edu.