FIU marketing professor Tim Birrittella honored with a lifetime achievement award.

FIU Business marketing professor Tim Birrittella is a hero to a cadre of former and current students who credit him for caring mentorship and inspiring them to go further than they thought they might.

The American Marketing Association Collegiate Chapters Council recognized Birrittella’s dedication, unanimously selecting him to receive the 2018 AMA Collegiate Lifetime Achievement Award.

Students, alumni and faculty agree that Birrittella’s uniqueness speaks to his impact as faculty advisor of the award-winning American Marketing Association student chapter, AMA@FIU, which he helped launch in 2001. In 2016, AMA@FIU won its 14th consecutive Top Ten Chapter award at the annual AMA International Collegiate Conference.

In Their Own Words:

“As students we’re constantly faced with ambiguity – not only from a career aspect, but also in our personal lives. During this critical time, we can only hope to be so lucky to find someone who sees our potential before we’re able to see it ourselves. This is who professor Birrittella has been for me; and hundreds of other students. We were so lucky to find him. Thank you for seeing my potential during the times that I did not.”

Stephanie Espinoza, AMA President Spring 2017

“You have touched thousands of lives, inspiring them and inspiring us all. A large part of our national standing as an undergraduate program in marketing is due to you.”

Peter Dickson, professor COB department of marketing & logistics

“You are an inspiration to many of us and to your students. Your hard work, teamwork and collegiality are admirable and I personally am very proud to be your colleague. It isn’t every day when you find someone who gives of themselves for the benefit of others. Congratulations on a well-deserved award and a job well done!”

Nancy Rauseo, Faculty Director for Global Sales Programs

“Professor Birrittella was one of the most influential and important parts of my Marketing degree at FIU. He not only helped me grow as a business professional but we formed a life-long friendship that I continue to rely on almost 20 years later in my personal life. I feel truly blessed that I have been able to call him a mentor.”

Izabela Tenenboim (BBA ’02), AMA President 2001

“As undergraduate students, it is often difficult to transition from being student to professionals. Professor Birrittella’s leadership and guidance has helped make the transition so much easier. The trust he places in his students to succeed has really helped me grow as a leader in a way I never imagined.

Sabrina Bocaranda, AMA Co-President Fall 2017