FIU’s College of Business has added five South Florida business leaders to its Alumni Board, which aims to increase engagement between and college and its 47,000-plus graduates.
The new Business Alumni Board members are:
- Yuni Navarro (BBA ‘99) – executive vice president of Human Resources at Ocean Bank
- Fidel Chacon (MIB ’03) – business development leader at Visa International, covering Latin America and the Caribbean
- Misha Kuryla-Gomez (MIB ’04) – owner and founder of Misha’s Cupcakes
- Claudio Cury (MBA ’01) – managing director for Wells Fargo Capital Finance – Supply Chain Finance
- Barbara Pestana (BBA ’02) – vice president of field sales at L’Oreal USA
“The College is thrilled to welcome five alumni who will serve as the newest members on the Business Alumni Board,” said Jennifer Quintana, director of Alumni Relations for the College of Business. “Their diverse backgrounds and vast experience will be a tremendous asset to the College as we partner in moving the College’s strategic priorities forward.”
The Alumni Board works with graduates and business leaders to develop special events and programs for students, drive alumni participation in student recruitment and mentoring, and secure financial support for the College of Business.