Alumni Circle makes significant contribution to building campaign and more.

When the new business building complex opens later this year, so will the state-of-the-art Alumni Circle Recruiters’ Lounge. Designed specifically with recruiting activities in mind, it will feature a modern conference area plus individual interview rooms where hiring companies can interview students hoping to qualify as prospective employees.

“By supporting the new Recruiters’ Lounge, the Alumni Circle is taking a leading role in the Building for Business Campaign,” said Annabelle Rojas (MBA ’98, BBA ’87), director of external relations and resource development. “The momentum continues to build.”

To date, the Alumni Circle—a group of mid- to senior-level alumni who advise and work with the college’s deans and administrators on programs and initiatives—has pledged more than $16,000 toward the completion and furnishing of the Recruiters’ Lounge.

“We believe the new Recruiters’ Lounge will signal the right kind of welcoming message to the recruiters representing top global companies who’ll come to our campus looking for the right kind of talent to bring on board at their firms,” Rojas said.

Members of Alumni Circle offer their time and talents to the college.

Demian Bellumio (BBA ’00)

As president of Hoodiny Entertainment Group, Demian Bellumio (BBA ’00) pours a tremendous amount of time and energy into running his Miami-based company, which provides digital services for the Hispanic entertainment industry. But, he’s never too busy to contribute additional time and support to his alma mater.

“Giving back to the college is a high priority for me,” said Bellumio, who currently serves as Alumni Circle chair. “I credit the college with much of my success. I really enjoy collaborating with other Alumni Circle members who share my passion for the school.”

Alumni Circle member Diane Davis (MBA ’92), vice president and wealth management advisor with the Miami Falls branch of Merrill Lynch, feels much the same way.

Diane Davis (MBA ’92)

“I care about the future of the school, and I firmly believe the graduate degree I received has helped further my career,” she said. “I think it’s important for me to turn around and help students who are going through the program prepare for the working world out there. That’s why I’ve invited students from the college to intern at my office.”

Davis, who also is a certified financial planner and certified investment management analyst, hopes to spread the word about the college and the caliber of its students among her colleagues and contacts in the business community.

“I am inspired by the team of creative, entrepreneurial business educators leading the college today,” Bellumio said. “They are doing an excellent job of putting our business school ‘on the map’ at a global level. Certainly the new Alumni Circle Recruiters’ Lounge will enable us to continue to put our best foot forward.”

Find out how you can help build for the future.

“We are still actively accepting donations to support the Alumni Circle Recruiters’ Lounge,” Rojas said. “We want to be able to welcome recruiters in style as a concrete demonstration of alumni support for the college and, most importantly, of our commitment to the future careers of our outstanding business students.”

To learn more about joining the Alumni Circle and supporting the new Recruiters’ Lounge, please contact Monique Catoggio (EMBA ’03), director of alumni and partner relations, at 305-348-4227 or Monique.Catoggio@fiu.edu. To contribute to the Building for Business Campaign, visit: http://business.fiu.edu/Spotlights/building_complex_fund.cfm.