Florida International University’s partnership with eMerge Americas Techweek will enable FIU community members to receive 25 percent off registration for this groundbreaking global conference using the code FIUEMERGE. Staff, faculty, alumni and FIU supporters will have the opportunity to hear industry titans, civic leaders, entrepreneurs and thought leaders at a two-day conference, which also includes a job fair and networking social.
“FIU has been one of our strategic partners from the very beginning of the eMerge Americas movement,” said Xavier Gonzalez, executive director of the Technology Foundation of the Americas. “The inaugural eMerge Americas Techweek event will provide attendees with substantive content on the technology trends transforming the world, access to thousands of global technology leaders, innovative entrepreneurs and investors, and an unforgettable experience. We urge all members of the FIU community that want to be part of the movement to establish Miami as a global technology hub to join us for this groundbreaking event.”
Participants will have the opportunity to network with representatives of global companies, including Microsoft and Facebook, as well as innovative startups and financiers from around the world. The roster of speakers on the eMerge Americas website include global technology thought leaders such as Wences Casares, CEO of Lemon Wallet. As a Global Partner, FIU will have a pavilion at the Miami Beach Convention Center, showcasing innovations that will include including Aquarius, FIU’s underwater research facility, the Wall of Wind, which can simulate a Category 5 hurricane, and RoboCop, designed to allow disabled police to serve as patrol officers.
Other events include the eMerge Hackathon, the ultimate event for developers, designers, tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs, and the eMerge Games, where video game industry professionals will interact, network and promote their products, services and expertise.
Learning opportunities in many “tracks.”
To help participants design their most effective eMerge Americas Techweek experience, the discussions, workshops and other events feature five tracks:
- eMerge “Health” brings together healthcare and civic leaders, leading-edge technologists, cross-sector corporations, and entrepreneurs to identify high-impact solutions and best practices.
- eMerge “Money” presents the thought leaders in financial services and innovative technology companies sharing how innovation and technology will transform the financial services industry in the Americas.
- eMerge “Cities” lets civic leaders and industrialists address common urban challenges and seek ways to employ cutting-edge technology for a better quality of life for citizens through efficient, cleaner, and smarter cities.
- eMerge “Entertain” brings together broadcasters, publishers, content aggregators, social networkers, gamers and music industry leaders to share how the industry is being transformed through new technology.
- eMerge “Smart” showcases the latest tools and best practices in education and the work place as educators, corporate executives and thought leaders demonstrate how technology is revolutionizing the way people learn and work.
FIU is also recruiting student volunteers to participate in eMerge Americas Techweek. In addition to conference admission, parking and meals will be provided.