Graduate students land scholarships in MSIRE and MSHI&MS programs.

Graduate students in two programs in the Chapman Graduate School of Business at Florida International University (FIU) have been awarded substantial scholarships.

Scholarships presented to students at Tibor and Sheila Hollo School of Real Estate.

Fifteen students have been awarded scholarships for the spring semester to pursue their master’s degree in International Real Estate (MSIRE). The scholarships were from the Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC).

These students are: Jaun Alvarez, Kirenia Balan, Melany Birchenall, Sal Bonsignore, Sean Flannery, Tamirah Gibson, Blanca Gonzalez, Paul Grant, David Maggard, Bobby McGiboney, Daniel Uquendo, Andrei Pintilie, Dinorah Princess Perry, Connie Ricardo and Joseph Semprevivo.

Balan also received a $2,000 scholarship from the Miami chapter of the Commercial Real Estate for Women (CREW) organization.

“I am so grateful for my scholarships,” said this mother of three who owns and operates her own firm, Balan Realty, Inc. “As I develop my real estate career with the ultimate goal of becoming a real estate attorney, FIU’s MSIRE is the next big step, to learn more about international, commercial and residential real estate, including delving more into subjects such as cash flow, market values and estimates. These scholarships help me achieve my dream.”

Juan Carlos Gallegos, HIMSS scholarship winner, with HIMSS Faculty Director Monica Chiarini Tremblay.

Scholarship awarded for Master of Science in Health Informatics & Management Systems program.

For the second straight year, an FIU student has received the HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) South Florida Chapter Scholarship of $5,000.

Registered Nurse Juan Carlos Gallegos, who is pursuing his Master of Science in Health Informatics and Management Systems (MSHI&MS) at FIU, is also working full time in the coronary care unit at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

“This master’s degree will be of value as I transition into my eventual goal of hospital administration,” Gallegos said. “Being awarded this scholarship helps me financially, of course, but it also makes me want to accomplish even more. I am very grateful.”