EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION ENDS JAN. 16
Amidst the rapidly changing business world, the annual Power Up Women’s Leadership Summit, presented by FIU Business will give women the tools to change their business mindset and take their careers to the next level.
Themed “Women on the Move,” the full-day conference, to be held March 6, 2020 at FIU’s Kovens Center on the Biscayne Bay Campus, will spotlight topics from creating a culture of mentoring to communication strategies and maintaining a work-life balance.
Energizing and motivational speakers will share insights, personal experiences and inspiration, serving as role models and mentors for participants at the event.
For the third straight year, the 2020 conference will be held in conjunction with International Women’s Day, which follows two days later, to promote the concept of personal empowerment and collective success.
Keynote speaker Laura Gomez, who starred in the Netflix hit “Orange is the New Black,” will share her journey as an actress, her story of personal growth and her work to break stereotypes on and off the screen. She has made her mark proving that it’s possible to be Latina and pursue a successful acting career while having a voice in your community.
Power Up brings together leaders, entrepreneurs, business owners, creators and influencers, giving participants opportunities to make connections with other accomplished women and mentors.
The conference will take a close-up look at topics currently impacting women at various stages of their careers:
- Forging New Paths – how to face challenges, deal with obstacles, take new routes and move forward.
- Driving Solutions for the Future – the most effective way to change careers, restart a career or launch your own enterprise.
- Paving the Way for the Next Generation – how to put future leaders on a path to their own success; exploring best practices in mentoring.
- Speak Up, Step Forward and Stand Out – how to communicate effectively in challenging environments.
- “Press Pause”: How to Put the Brakes on Burnout – the truths, struggles and rewards of being a goal-setter without falling into workaholism.
The conference offers a new feature for aspiring wine enthusiasts. Brian Connors, instructor at FIU’s Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, will teach the basics of professional wine tasting plus the do’s and don’ts of ordering from a restaurant wine list. Participants can choose from two sessions which will be held at the school’s wine lab.
Early bird tickets for the Power Up Women’s Leadership Summit are $220 and include breakfast, lunch, all sessions and a networking reception. The early bird discount ends January 16. For more information, visit PowerUpSummit.FIU.edu.