The Business Alumni Chapter recently selected its 2007-2008 board members:
- President: Gabriel “Manny” Matalon (MACC ’03, BACC ’00), senior consultant, Deloitte Consulting
- Vice President of Development: Shirley Lowe (IMBA ’06), registered representative, John Hancock Financial Network
- Vice President of Events: Aviva Rose-Avila (BBA ’07), student academic services associate, FIU Online
- Vice President of Membership: Juan Carlos “JC” Hernandez (BBA ’02), portfolio officer, BankUnited
- College of Business Administration Student Liaison: Michael Jadoo
Since it was formed in 2001, the Business Alumni Chapter has actively organized programs and events for the college’s 28,000+ alumni. The chapter enables them to re-connect with each other through networking opportunities and professional events and conferences featuring executive speakers.
The board is excited about the upcoming year and looks forward to adding an additional board member to take on the role of secretary/treasurer. It also hopes to recruit committee members for development, membership, and events. If you or someone you know is interested in learning more about these positions, contact Michelle Joubert at 305-348-0307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org