Philanthropic and business leader R. Kirk Landon, president of The Kirk Foundation, will receive the 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award at the Florida International University (FIU) College of Business’ 15th annual Hall of Fame awards.
In addition to Landon, the business school will honor five alumni for their entrepreneurial and business achievements at the Hall of Fame gala on Friday, September 12, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. at the FIU Arena.
“For 15 years, our Hall of Fame awards have recognized outstanding alumni work. Additionally, every year we acknowledge a business leader who is a role model for our alumni and our community,” said David R. Klock, dean of the college. “This year, we proudly honor Mr. Landon, whose outstanding accomplishments and vision for the Landon Undergraduate School of Business reflect a deep commitment to building Miami’s educational foundation, the key to our growth as a world-class city.”
Landon served as CEO and chair of the board of American Bankers Insurance Group from 1980 to 1995, and chair until 1999. In addition to his business leadership positions, he has served as director of over a dozen civic, educational and cultural organizations in South Florida.
The gala is the highlight of the college’s first Alumni Weekend, which will include a panel discussion on Thursday, and an FIU football tailgate party and game on Saturday afternoon.
At the Friday evening gala, the college will also present the following alumni awards:
- The Innovation Award for an entrepreneur whose work has advanced the way people work or live their lives
- The Young Alumni Spotlight for an entrepreneur whose business has demonstrated success and impact since graduation
- The Entrepreneurship Award for a company founder or co-founder individual whose business has shown significant growth and market presence;
- The Growth Award for a business leader whose commitment to excellence has resulted in substantial growth of a successful business
- The Global Award for a leader of a global organization or multinational firm.
For additional information, please visit the Hall of Fame website.